In this article we'll see how the "Build GUID" external tool through Visual Studio 2010 can be allowed. You may not find "Build GUID" option in the Tools menu at times in Visual Studio 2010 which is very necessary for SharePoint developers.
Enable Create GUID option in Tools Menu:
- Open Visual Studio 2010.
- Go to Tools menu.
- Click on External Tools.
- External Tools wizard will pop up, click on Add.
- Enter the Title as "Create GUID".
- In the command give the path of the guidgen.exe.
- The path for the guidgen.exe is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\guidgen.exe.
- Click Ok.
- Now you will be able to see the "Create GUID" option in the Tools menu.